Toe purple and blue, swelling after surgery. Unable to wear shoes, hurts walking barefoot. Remedy?

I had surgery on 12/5/12 on the fifth digit of nmy right foot . A week ago In returned to my doctor because the pinky toe was purple and blue. He looked at it and said that it looked like I was irrating it. So now I DO NOT try to wrap it in an ace bandage to stop the swelling . I know that he had to pull the nerves apart during surgery (this was my 3rd on this toe). Now I am having pain shooting from time to time through my pinky toe and it is swollen and sore. Everything is fine when I elevate it and put ice on it but once I put my shoes on (which are normal not pointed toes) the pain comes back and walking barefoot hurts. PLEASE HELP ME.
Asked On : Tue, 15 Jan 2013