Toddler with pale yellow stool and blood on it. Taking whole milk. Could that have something to do with it?

My one year old just passed some pale yellow stool . Actually the first half was a normal green color but the second half came out pale yellow. He pushed so hard, there was blood on the stool. And it didn t look like he finished. There was still some stool visible but that I couldn t remove in his anal opening. Is this normal? He just transitioned from formula to whole milk. Could that have something to do with it?
Asked On : Fri, 8 Mar 2013