Toddler with frequent cough, cold, family members asthmatic. Is it safe to use inhalers at such a small age?

Hi Doctor, My daughter is 2 years 3 months old and was being given nebulization (asthalin 2.5 & budecort 0.5 )inhalers. She recovered with the cold and cough . But as it used to happen frequently, our ped has put her on Sereflo 125, twice a day for 3 months. I and my father-in-law are asthmatic. I wanted to know is it safe to use inhalers at such a small age as these are steroids and do they have any side effects in future?
Asked On : Sun, 3 Mar 2013