Toddler with fever, lethargic with normal bowel movement. Is it due to constipation?

My 18 month old had a fever on Saturday and part of Sunday, is lethargic (off and on) and has not eaten anything substanticial since Sunday morning. Today is Tuesday. I am nervous because this is not normal for her. I took her to her Doctor yesterday and he checked her ears and throat - nothing wrong. He suggested that she may be constipated and to feed her straight fruit juice to loosen her up. She is not much better today than yesterday and other than a few golf ball sized poops has not had a normal bowl movement. Is there anything else I should be looking for or doing?
Asked On : Fri, 29 Mar 2013