Toddler with fever and bad throat, prescribed Cough syrup and Paracetamol. Can I give Azithromycin?

My child has fever for the last few days and a bad throat including persistent coughing. The doctor has prescribed only cough syrup and paracetamol syrup, saying it is a throat infection that will go away. The age of the child is 23 months. Can the child be given Aziwok syrup? ( Azithromycin ). If yes, how much and for how long? We would appreciate your reviewing the above and am grateful for your advice.
Asked On : Sun, 30 Dec 2012