Toddler with fever, Given Calprofen, temporary relief. Is it Flu?

Hi, my 21 month old daughter has a temp of around 39.1 degrees under the arm , she has been run down and unwell for the last 3 days and I have taken her to the doctor and he has advised he thinks she has an ear infection . However she is incredibly lethargic and her fever is present a lot of the day and especially at night. When i administer calprofen she gets better but then returns to being so so hot. Do you think this may be the flu?
Asked On : Sat, 22 Dec 2012