Toddler with cold and cough. Adenoids enlarged. Suggested Maxtra and Xymal. Is surgery permanent solution?

My 1 year & 11 monts sons has heavy cough & cold from long time, after x-ray its detects that its adenoids get enlarged, so doctor has suggested medicine like metoxim-dt 100mg, maxtra-p & xyzal m kid, so i just want to know that this maxtra is for cough or what and also want to know whether surgery is required to remove the adenoids, also in future after my son will live his normal life, or again it will occur, pl explain...
Asked On : Fri, 14 Dec 2012