Toddler with abcess on bottom. Is colloidal silver gel, a good treatment option for abcess?

My daughter is 2 1/2 years old. She is usually so far a healthy child. Back n January she had developed abcess on her bottom. She had several form. She was treated at that time with an antibiotic . It was a twice daily oral medication that we gave for ten days. She now again has one small one that has also formed on her bottom lower back area. I am hesitant to put her on another antibiotic somewhat quickly from the last episode. Our medical application is pending at this time so I am looking to natural resources. I called a natural health food store and they suggested colloidal silver gel. Is this a good treatment option for a abcess? Can you give me some advice? Thanks..
Asked On : Fri, 1 Mar 2013