Toddler with a tendency of repeating a question instead of answering, speech evaluation recommended speech therapy. Suggestion?

31 month old daughter repeats a question when asked instead of giving an answer. Is this relatively normal for her age? We had a speech eval 2 days ago which led to a speech therapy recommendation. I do not want her labeled or treated special . I am mostly interested in what causes this type of response, then I want to tackle for a resolution. She s an only child and interacts with other children only at daycare. However, i am in process of scheduling play dates, plus having more hands on interactions at home.
Asked On : Sun, 15 Jul 2012
Dear Shawn,

Your surmise is right. Repeating a question back to the person asking it can be normal in some toddlers. If she is otherwise normal in intelligence and has a normal behaviour, leave it alone ... she will eventually outgrow this problem. If there is no resolution in three to six months, then you should take her to the speech therapist.

Dr. Taher