Toddler with a bad cough, giving treatment for pink eyes. Can I give Honey cough medicine?

My 20mo old has a bad cough and you can tell he s trip to cough up stuff at times? But sometimes it s a dry cough ? He has had this for about 2 or 3weeks I told a per dr about it and he didn t seem concerned at the time due to he is gettn eye drop treatments for pink eye in both eyes? I m not sure what else to do? I have a honey cough med for infants 1 and up but haven t given it to him since the last time he had a small cough that was disturbing him at night
Asked On : Tue, 5 Mar 2013