Toddler suffering from dry cough and discolored mucus. Rashes on the body. Atarax and cypon given. Cure?

My 23 month old was suffering from dry cough which seems more like an allergy given the mucus was discolored. Gave montair for 2 days after which she developed rashes all over and hence stopped. Doctor gave atarax and cypon. Even after giving these medicines for the last 3 days the rashed have not reduced and in fact spread to her stomach area. Please advise. Thanks Doctor Rajiv. If Atarax and cypon wont help, please let me know what do you recommend for the viral infection. Her cough is still bad.
Asked On : Fri, 22 Mar 2013