Toddler prescribed with monocef syrup for cold and infection. Forgot to keep medicine in the refrigerator. Can I use it again?

hi, i have 2 1/2 yrs son, he was prescribed monocef syrup by doctor for cold and infection. i mixed the powder in boiled and cooled water as per instructions, but i forgot to keep that solution in refrigerator, it was left overnight at room temperature, now the question is can i use this solution further or not? please help me
Asked On : Wed, 6 Mar 2013
Emergency Medicine Specialist 's  Response

Hello and welcome to health care magic. Thanks for your query.

I would suggest you not to use the solution if it has changed the color.

If you had kept the mixed solution outside the refrigerator more than 24 hrs its better to discard and buy new one.

Usually the mixed suspension at room temperature 25C can be used for 2 days, and refrigerated i.e 5C can be used upto 10 days, ideally away from sunlight exposure.

Wish you all the best
( Emergency consultant)

Pediatrician Dr. Suryakanta Baraha's  Response
welcome to hcm
thanks for the query
no need to worry
you can use the solution again and again
hope this answer will be helpful to you
take care