Toddler having red patch in the eye, has become like a clear skin growing, no improvement with antibiotic drops. What could be the cause?

my toddler is 15 months old and last Monday i noticed that his left eye there was a red patch in there i didn t bring to the doctor as i thought it was not that serious, the next day i saw the red patch in the eye has become like a clear skin growing i bought him to the doctor after the daycare, the doctor told me he might have hit himself with something in the eye by accident and it was not an infection or anything it will go away, but the doctor gave me an eye drop which is antibiotics to be used 4 times a day. it is not helping. this morning it was more red. what is happening?
Asked On : Thu, 20 Sep 2012