Toddler having a rash on the temple. Using neosporin. Not recovering completely. Why?

My 34 month old toddler has a dime size rash on his right and left temple. They look like little pin pricks. The rash appeared on his right side about one month ago and the left side rash showed up last week. He was not sick (he and his twin now have a cold ) and has showed no symptoms of it bothering him. I have been rubbing neosporin on the rash twice a day for the past 5 days. It seems to be helping but it still has not cleared up. Should I take him to his doctor?
Asked On : Mon, 1 Apr 2013