Toddler frequently has breathing difficulty, wheezing, on flovent. What could be causing this?

My son is 18 months old.Hes been hospitalized twice for having difficulty breathing and weezing.Hes currenty on flovent everday and has an albuteral inhaler .I was wondering what could be some illiness that caude this.His doctor thinks its asthma but there not sure.When hes put in the hospital he breathing treatments often and steroids too.Its scary and i dobt belive its just asthma that causing his problems because its gets to severe.
Asked On : Fri, 19 Oct 2012