Tobacco addiction, have sore on the cheek with a white spot in the middle and an indentation underneath. Treatment required?

Hi, I ve been using chewing tobacco for about 3 years (probably a tin every 2-3 days) and I recently got a sore on my cheek. I read some horror stories so I m thinking about getting it checked out. It seems like a canker sore (kinda puffy with a white spot in the middle) but the concerning part is there s a sort-of indent underneath it, making the sore seem more protrusive. Not sure if this warrants a visit to the dentist or doctor, but I just thought I d ask. Thanks
Asked On : Tue, 26 Jun 2012