Tissues of cheek dead after an accident. Problem in chewing, speaking, small eye. Plastic surgery suggested?

Hi Doctor, this is sowmya.This query is regarding my sister who is 20 years old now. At the age of 7, she fell on a pump while playing and her left cheek got hurt. we visited a local doctor immediately and were told that there is no problem. but at the age of 10 when she grew in height we noticed that her left cheek did not grow while her right cheek was chubby. when consulted skin specialist and different doctors all gave the same answer that cells/ tissue it that area are dead.. if it was with in six months we could have done something.since it is 3 years now we can not do any thing but wait do plastic surgery after 18 years... Due to this she some times has problem while chewing and also while speaking her mouth stucks and even herleft eye is inside. As she has turned 20 it advisable to go for a plastic surgery. recently i had heard of some relative undergoing this kind of surgery. the surgery was not succesful and more over it has led to new infections and problems. Listening to all tihs i am very much scared. My sister is very bold and confident and does not want to undergo a surgery. but we don t want her to suffer with this problem life long. we want her back in the same way as she was. Can you please help me and suggest me what to do. If pictures are needed to analyse the problem i would send even those.
Asked On : Thu, 14 Jun 2012