Tiredness, sweating, mouth sore after bronchoscopy. Streptococcal pneumonia discovered after washing lungs. How to cure it?

I had pneumonia in January and was in hospital for treatment. I have slowly recovered although my energy levels suffer. On Tuesday last week I was in hospital as a day patient for a bronchoscopy (following my diagnosis of bronchiectasis ) I was feeling well when I went in for the procedure. When I came home, I was shaking with chilling cold, the pain in my back was terrible, I was so very very tired, I was sweating and my mouth and teeth were sore. I thought this was just because Id had a bronchoscopy and washing of both lungs. ( no abnormalities found). I did not improve and went to the docs. One washing result was back - streptococcal pneumonia I am now on antibiotics for 2 wks. Last night I was in bed and the pain began and I found it so difficult to breathe. I was so uncomfortable frightened and in pain. Im worried about going to bed tonight and not being able to sleep. I also have sleep apnea and at the moment have nothing to help with it. My mouth splint has been sent away for alteration. I am 53 and otherwise healthy, Im usually very active and not one for sitting down . Can I go to work? Can I pass anything on as I work with babies and young mums? how long before the antibiotics work? worried Julia
Asked On : Thu, 19 Jul 2012