Tiredness after eating, excessive sleep during day time causing depression. Suggested antidepressants. Help?

Hi I find I am always tired especially after eating, I can sleep anytime during the day. I am regularly active at night during my sleep even to the point of sexual intimacy with my wife but with no recollection of anything happening. This tiredness leaves me to be unmotivated and sometimes depressed. I went to my GP and he prescribed me Anti depressants. This was about a moth ago, I have not taken the tablets as I feel these are just a cover to the real issue, I think I was prescribed these as I had a real hard break up with my ex wife and needed them at that time which was 6 years ago. I do intend to go back to my G.P. I hope this is enough info for you. Kind Regards Trevor
Asked On : Mon, 18 Feb 2013