Tip of right thumb hurt after taking off artificial nails, small bumps cut while trimming nails with pus. Infection ?

Hi. about a week ago I took off my artificial nails and a couple days ago I noticed the tip of my right thumb hurt whenever I bumped it or pressed on it. I cut the nail back a little and noticed that there is a small bump that I cut open with the clippers when triming my nail and I notice that there is some puss that comes out. Does this mean I have an infection? if so what can I do about it?
Asked On : Wed, 20 Feb 2013
you have nail bed infection followed by injury..
the presence of pus clearly indicates that there is a infection..
if the pus is not completely drained, it will increase..
see your surgeon, get it drained properly..
later on you need antibiotics and analgesics.
all the very best..