Tiny red itchy spots on arms and neck due to allergic reaction. What could it be?

Hi 5 days ago i woke up with tiny red spots on my arms which were itchy, and over the last few days they have spread, they are mainly on my arms and neck , there are clusters inbetween some of my fingers which burn and itch. i have been to a gp and thay said ts an alergic reaction but didnt give me anything and it is getting worse, some spots are in a tiny line and son are just on their own, my mum has also has this rash , but not my daughter or my fiance. Do you know what this can be?
Asked On : Wed, 11 Jul 2012