Tiny red bumps on hands, pain when something pressed on it. Is it an allergy?

I have tiny red bumps on both hands. They are on either side of the knuckle closest to the palm, on the pointer fingers, inside area (like where your thumb could reach). They are not hard and do not itch . I have gotten them 4-5 times in the last year and they go away eventually. Allergy meds don t seem to help get rid of them. My actual knuckles are not swollen or hurting either. If you saw them, it would look like ant bites. They only hurt when something is pressed against writing, or driving. Any ideas?
Asked On : Thu, 21 Mar 2013