Tiny hole in ear, present towards the centre of the ear, clear foul smelling discharge. Treatment?

When I was a kid I remember in the sixth grad there was this small hole that somehow appeared in one of my ears. Almost like something bit me there and left a tiny hole. not the ear lob but towards the skull sorta middle above where the entrance of the ear is. This thin clear liquid would come out and it smelled like pee. What was that?
Asked On : Tue, 19 Mar 2013
ENT Specialist 's  Response

Thanks for writing to H.C.M. for your query.

I have gone through your query regarding small tiny hole towards the skull near the entrance of ear, it has fowl smellingliquid in it.

Considering your symptoms in all aspects it appears to be pre auricular sinus. This is a developmental defect and is form due to incomplete union of branchial clefts.

For treatment surgical excision of sinus tract is the only answer.