Tinnitus, heavy phlegm in throat, diagnosed to be GERD. Worsened symptoms after taking Zantac. Cause?

I have been seeing an ENT specialist for tinnitus and then mentioned that I get a lot of phlegm in my throat for no good reason. He used a flexi endoscope to see down my nose and throat and told me my larynx looked sore and that I was probably experiencing acid reflux or GORD. He put me on lansaprozole 50mg twice a day which I found didn t suit me. I sometimes don t feel well with this although no nausea or diaorrhea. Now I am on ranitidine ( Zantac ) and again my symptoms seem to be more troublesome with discomfort further down into my abdomen, bladder area. What is wrong with me?
Asked On : Fri, 8 Feb 2013