Tingling, tightness in legs, shortness of breath on climbing. exercising. Should I take a stress test?

I am a fairly active 51 year old female. For years now whenever I walk up a steps my legs tingle and feel tight and I get short of breath for just a short time. I started spinning 2 times a week and a TRX suspension training class 2 times a week thinking I needed to build up my stamina and I still have shortness of breath when exercising. I am concerned about maybe having blockage in my arteries -- I do have high cholesterol . Should I get a stress test?
Asked On : Fri, 18 May 2012