Tingling sensation when urinating. Sexually active. STD or UTI?

Hello, I started my period a few days ago and then I realized that my urethra has a tingling (not quite burning) sensation when I urinate. I wear tampons so I don t know if that could be causing the problem because I wore a larger, more absorbent one a few days ago and then this started happening. I am sexually active so I am worried that it could be the cause of an STD or a UTI . I have been having sex with the same person for the last six months and haven t felt this weird sensation before though so I don t quite know if it is an STD. Any advice? I m quite worried.
Asked On : Mon, 26 Nov 2012