Tingling sensation in foot and hand, diagnosed with vitamin B12 deficiency. Had MRI hyper intense foci in periventrical. Is it serious?

I have been having tingling sensation in my hands and feet (mainly left hand) for the past 2 months. I was diagnosed with vitamin b12 deficiency and have been taking supplements . The tingling is much better since then but has not completely resolved (its been 2 months), so my PCP asked me to get an MRI done. This is what the report says. There are scattered T2/FLAIR hyperintense foci in the periventrical and subcortical white matter of both cerebral hemispheres which are non specific possibly related to chronic microvascular ischemia . Is this serious? I have a neurologist appointment after a week and I will really appreciate a response.
Asked On : Sat, 16 Mar 2013