Tingling sensation in ears, intense pain. Put ear drops, not clearing up. X-ray done, lower vertebrae show disc degeneration. Treatment?

I have had this sensation deep in my left ear that creates a bug crawling sensation and tingling that can get quite intense. I saw an ENT doc and got some drops that can help but it never clears up and some days it gets very intense and is driving me totally nuts . I had pain the ear also. He took x-rays and said the problem with the pain in my ear is my neck . The two lower vertebrae have severe disc, no disc whatsoever. Is the crawly tingling sesation part of that? Or is there another drop maybe that mite work better. He gave me fluocinolone drops.
Asked On : Sat, 14 Jul 2012