Yes this problem is curable with proper medical treatment, physiotherapy
and certain life style changes. Surgery may be needs if all these treatment fails. Certain changes you have to made are:
1. Use hard bed, avoid pillow or use thin pillow.
2. Your sitting posture should be straight.
3. Avoid jerky movements of spine. Avoid riding bicycle or motorcycle.
4. You can take anti-inflammatory and analgesic
drugs orally or You can apply anti inflammatory and muscle relaxants gel locally.
5. You can wear collar if symptoms are worse.
6. Regularly change the posture of the back while working or sitting.
7. Do regular exercise as advised by your physiotherapist.
Plan your treatment under the guidance of spine surgery so that he/she may know that what is the right time for surgery. Hope this will help you.
Wishing you a good health.