Tingling sensation in area of injection. Why does pain sting? Am I okay?

I had a blood test on Tuesday when the phlebotomist put the needle in my arm an immediate pain went down to my thumb . She stopped when I cried out in pain and took the needle out. Took blood from the other arm, all was well. however, where the pain went down, I have been left with quite a lot of pain and tingling going down the side of my forearm towards my thumb. It seems that there is a patch which is worse and itchy. Also, when driving, the gear stick and hand break send the pain through the arm. even typing this, it is annoying me. Should I be worried?
Asked On : Sun, 29 Jul 2012