Tingling pain on the lower gum behind the last molar. Hard and rough growth. What is it?

Hi. I m a 30 year old male. Recently, I started having a tingling (sore-like) pain on the inside ( tongue side) of my lower gum behind my last molar. When I was examining it myself, I noticed that there seems to be a small hole there. When I scratched at it, it almost feels like bone - it s rather hard and rough. There doesn t seem to be any other issues from what I can see. There may be a little bit of white around it, but it s hard to tell. It s not terribly painful, but it has me worried. Are there some possible explanations for this?
Asked On : Thu, 23 Aug 2012