Tingling, numbness and pain in the elbow and fingers after getting a dog bite. Done x-ray. On antibiotics. Need further treatment?

I got bit by a huge german shepherd on my right forearm and went to the ER right after it happened, I was in intense pain and had 2 puncture wounds on the underside of my arm about 2 inches from the wrist , there was immediate swelling and I had a hard time feeling my fingers, esp the index and 2nd finger, freezing cold and really tingley and numb. They did Xrays and cleaned the wound and sent me home to keep it clean and take antibiotics. I got a few hrs of sleep but my arm is throbbing from fingers to elbow and still have tingling , numbness and freezing cold, is it normal? Is it because my arm is still swelled? Should I be seen by another dr?
Asked On : Mon, 7 Jan 2013
Hello. Yes its normal. You must complete your antibiotic course. Your nerves are slightly damaged they will recover in a week after antibiotic course. Take excessive juices n protiens along with meat (not chicken) for quick healing. You will soon feel better. Thank you.