Tingling, numb, painful & swollen fingers. Diagnosed arthitis. On avele. Exercise help. Ideas?

My hands tingle and feel numb at the tips at night, like when your in cold water and they wrinkle. they swell and cause pain. They have locked up at night several times and kept me in severe pain at night. During the day they tingle. I don't do alot of typing at work, but file papers in a warehouse all day long. Any ideas ? I take aleve quite often and have been to a rheumotolgist that thinks it may be arthritis or RA but not carpal. He's guessing I can tell. He gave me a script for predisone, I did not fill it because it's a weight gainer.... I have not gone back. Carpal tunnel excersises have helped relieve pain a couple of times but like I said I don't type alot at work. I spell better but this is night and the room is dark and am in pain. Joints in fingers are very sensitve.Fingers are swollen.
Asked On : Sat, 27 Apr 2013