Tingling in temple, pain and discomfort in eye, pain in back and neck

Hi,for many months now I constantly have a tingle sensation in my left temple, along with pain and discomfort in my left eye. I have been for an eye test and there said that my prescription was fine and couldn t see anything untoward. Also this last few days I have started with pain on the left and side of my head but only at the back and down the side of my neck too.
Asked On : Thu, 11 Oct 2012
Neurologist 's  Response
Nov 2013

Thank you for posting your query.

First of all, I would like to reassure you that your symptoms are not suggestive of any serious neurological disease.

The most likely cause could be migraine or muscle tension headache.

You should consult a neurologist.

There are several good medications to treat your symptoms. In some cases, an MRI scan of brain would be needed.

I hope my reply has helped you.

I would be pleased to answer, if you have any follow up queries or if you require any further information.
Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology)
Senior Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad,
My blog: