Tingling in hands and legs, chest pressure when arguing. Is it normal to feel that way?

I am a 31 yr old female, with a history of reproductive and hormonal issues. I have also recently acquired some anxiety due to an accident I had a year ago where I may have herniated my esophagus from throwing up too much after getting food poisoning . When that happened I quit smoking cold turkey because I was scared of the spasms in my esophagus that I had all the time then. I was treated with Prilosec and other meds but all of them gave me really horrid side effects so my doctor and I discussed an apple cider vinegar regimen that has been working rather well for me. I also have a history of carpal tunnel , and joint problems run in my family. It is now a year later, an my anxiety is manageable, and I only have panic attacks when I m close or on my cycles or if I have had a really bad scare. But lately, I have been under a ton of stress and I am noticing it is taking a toll on me health wise. I have had 2 people close to me Pass away, and my mother in law has been diagnosed with COPD and there is a lot of family drama going on because she won t quit smoking. Over the last month, I have been working a lot with my hands, and it seems the tingling is getting worse, but I also have it in my legs too, but not as bad. Sometimes when I see a chiropractor it helps, sometimes not. In this case with me working so much it hasn t. My left arm seems to be the most affected. It s my weaker arm naturally, but I can now see a distinct difference in how long I can work before my left arm starts acting up vs. my right. The tingly also happens when I get upset, which right now, is a lot because of the family drama, unfortunately. Anyway, the other night my husband and I were talking about his mom and things got a little heated because everyone wants her to quit, but she won t accept help, and all the stress and everything just must have really got to me because I felt like for about 2 seconds, the wind was knocked out of me and there was intense pressure in my chest/lung area that radiated out to my limbs. It really scared me because i had never felt that before. I immediately told my husband that I needed help calming down and have since removed myself from the family issue because no one besides me and him are even speaking rationally. I guess what I m asking is- is feeling that way when you re really naturally upset normal? Because I have been a smoker for most of my adult life, and I ve only been quit for almost a year, I haven t put myself in a lot of situations like this because I didn t like the way I felt because it made me want to smoke. If you have any info that would be awesome. I do know that I had an EKG done a year ago when I had esophageal problems and major anxiety and it came out ok. thank you for your help
Asked On : Wed, 15 Aug 2012