Tingling and pins and needles sensation in arm. MRI done. Prescribed amitriptyline. Suggestions?

I am a 66 yr old female and I have been having tingling and pins and needles down my left arm intermittently for the last 8 months. I have been to a chiropracter and an osteopath, have had neck and back x-rays (which just showed wear and tear), and been to a spinal specialist mainly to get an MRI scan which he did not think I needed. ( I also had sciatica last year which I still get in my left leg at night.) I can get rid of the tingling in my left arm by turning my head to the right or raising my left arm above my head. My GP has prescribed Amitriptyline to help me sleep and I have also had anti inflammatory tablets. Any suggestions or advice or exercises I can do to help would be greatly appreciated.
Asked On : Sun, 5 Aug 2012