Tingling and numbness in the hands, feet and torso. Feeling tired. Is this due to high potassium levels or viral infection?

my boyfriend has been experiencing tingling/ numbness in his hands, feet and torso for about two weeks, as well as fatigue/ tiredness. He saw a medi-centre doctor who sent him for blood tests, initially his potassium levels were higher than normal (there aren t any dietary reasons for this) but everything else seems to be fine. The medi-centre doctor guesses that he might have a virus... but gives no other explanation or treatment options. Please help
Asked On : Fri, 1 Jun 2012