Tilt head forward and legs go numb, please help

Why do my legs get numb when am sitting down and I bend my head down .They get numb for like a second.
Asked On : Mon, 27 Jun 2011
Physical Therapist or Physiotherapist 's  Response
I would have to ask, how old are you and when did this problem begin? Having a short neck usually doesn't cause this type of symptom unless you've had it from birth. I think consulting a neurologist for a flexion/extension MRI would be very useful in figuring out what is going on. Somehow your spinal cord is being compressed when you flex your head forward. Hope this helps.

Anonymous's Response
Possible causes
1. You have short neck and spinal cord is getting compressed when you bend neck. Consult neurologist who will examine you and decide