Tightness, pain under the lower part of rib cage, middle & lower part of back, right buttocks. What is the issue?

I have a stabbing pain under the lower part of my ribcage on my right side. It is somewhat intermittent and I find that a warm bath gives some relief, but it comes back after a short time. I have also been experiencing tightness and some pain in the middle and lower part of my back, sometimes extending down my right buttock. The back pain came first about 2 weeks ago. The stabbing pain began on Wednesday, 5 days ago, stopped on Friday and returned on Saturday.
Asked On : Wed, 10 Apr 2013