Tightness on both sides of neck, pressure from jugular veins. Family history of heart conditions. Cure?

I have been feeling tightness (so much so that it actually hurts) on both sides of my neck ...on the inside. I m a nurse, know about anatomy , it feels like the pain is extreme pressure from my jugular veins. I m 35, over-weight, fairly active, no health issues. However, big family history of heart problems. 39 year old cousin died suddenly a couple of weeks ago, they believe it may have been sudden cardiac death .
Asked On : Fri, 1 Feb 2013