Tightness in neck, taking Amoxicillin for root canal, have swollen node under jaw. Have low iron and vitamin D

I am 26 yrs old and a smoker (not heavy). Almost 4 months ago I had a throat infection (which came back negative for strep ). Was on antibiotics, everything cleared up after a week or so. Then I started to feel a strange ache/tightness on the right side of my throat - sort of where an adams apple would be on a male. Went to a doc, she sent me in for blood tests and a thyroid ultrasound and told me to just go home and relax. 2 weeks later, a milder infection came back in the right side of my throat/ tonsil . I slept and sweat it out over 2 days and it was gone but still had the tightness in my neck. I was swabbed 2 more times for strep, all negative. The throat achiness went away for just over a week and then came back about 2 weeks ago. Seems like it bothers me the most when I breathe through my nose. Last week I went to the dentist for a root canal , my right tonsil swelled up so bad I could barely swallow for 2 days. I was on amoxicillin and t3 for a week for the tooth. The tonsil feels mostly better now, but still feel a swollen node under my jaw and I m now feeling a dull/hollow heaviness below my left ear and have a swollen node on the left side of my neck probably the size of a pea. Thyroid ultrasound and blood tests came back fine. Low iron and low vitamin D - taking vitamins for it. My white bloodcell count came back only a tiny tiny bit high. 7 doctors visits and they ve all told me muscle and stress. I feel like its not at all! And the last doctor made me feel like a moron because I smoke and I have a sudden fear of throat cancer. Believe me, I am quitting - today. Any advice would be fantastic... I appreciate it!
Asked On : Sun, 12 Aug 2012