Tightness in muscle in neck and arm. Given oxycodone and norco. Epidural done on shoulder. Why is pain persistent?

I have a tight, extreamly tight muscle from my neck down into my arm, down my back, down my leg and in my foot. the main problem is the neck and the shoulder. I had a cirvical fusion in 456 I think. But I also have a bad place in the thorasic, about the place where my bra is or a little above and also an inch from the neck. My arm, R, hurts extreamly annd my back from under my arm up to my neck at the 456 level. My doctor did an epidural at the level under my shoulder the first level of the thorasic. I got worse! I always have the epidural about the bra line, or the waist line and they work great. This time it did not and he will not give me another one, and says that I might be alergic to the epidural medicine as it is new and they stopped the old one. I think my neck was up, not down as the last time and maybe that did it? But they always work at the bra line or the waist line. I am in so much pain that he gave me oxycodone 10 and it did nothing. I went back to the norco and soma and it helped more. But the pain is still so bad I can't live like this!!!
Asked On : Sun, 13 Oct 2013