Tightness in chest, throat problem. Diagnosed with globus hystericus, gerd. Advise?

Hi, i have this feeling of something in my throat for over a year and have bern diagnosed of having globus hystericus initially and then when i sought another hospitals opinion, i was diagnosed with GERD. I want to have a proper test and if possible any way to cure this thing as at times, if i lie down to sleep, its as if my heart and chest and back are pressed down with pain. So anyways i try not to eat late and not to lie down less than 2 hrs after eating.
Asked On : Tue, 2 Apr 2013