Tightening of muscles under rib cage, spasms, soreness

My muscles tighten up under my rib cage on the right side of my body, almost feels like my insides are shifting (if that makes any sense ). Then after the spasm is done, it s sore for a few hours, maybe even a day or so, then doesn t happen again for months. It occurs when I m sitting in a weird position or stretching at the gym , after a workout. What could this be?
Asked On : Fri, 18 May 2012
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
Feb 2014
The symptoms you have described are more likely to be symptoms of muscles strain.
To get relief from the pain and for quick healing:
1. Do hot fomatation at the site.
2. Apply local anti-inflammatory gel 2-3 times a day.
3. Take anti-inflammatory drugs like Ibuprofen to reduce pain and local swelling or inflammation.
4. Do not lift weight or try to do exercise that involve painful muscles. Give proper time to heal.

I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query.