Tight urethra, advised cutting the urethra, cystoscopy under general anesthesia. Will I have catheter post operation?

Hi, I was due to have an cystscopy on Monday, but the consultant coulnd perform this as he said I have a tight urethra . He said this is reason for my problems ( blood in urine , abdo pain) He said I will need to have the cystscopy under general anaesthesia , he also said he may have to cut my urethra. I was wondering how long will I be kept in hospital for and will i have a catheter for a short while after my op. thanks
Asked On : Sat, 28 Apr 2012