Tight squeezing pain on the left side of chest, worsens while swallowing. What is it ?

hi, i am a 20 year old female. Since this morning i have had a tight squeezing pain ( on the left side of my chest if you were looking at me) the pain usually worsens when i swallow , for instance drinking and eating can be painful. I do smoke and i dont know if that could have anything to do with it. i thought as the day went on it would go away but i am quite worried because it is still the same tonight. i do not have a chest infection or a cold of any sort. the pain could also be described as a burning sensation i have had a couple of dizzy spells aswell. thank you.
Asked On : Wed, 22 Aug 2012