Tight hamstring, knee pain, popping knee, no swelling. Torn ligament?

I have been having a problem with a tight hamstring for a few months, causing pain in my knee . The other day I began running and I experienced a pop in my knee. It was extremely painful. I could no longer run but I am able to squat with no pain. Going up stairs is painful as is slight twisting action, specifically when I am putting my shoe on sharp pain goes through my knee. I don t really notice swelling . Bending the knee also hurts. Could I have torn a ligament? Thanks
Asked On : Sat, 1 Sep 2012