Tight foreskin, have minor joint between the foreskin and penis. Normal or need circumcision?

i am a 21 year old male.. i have tight foreskin in my penis ( phimosis ). when i looked for the solution.. my friends advised me to strech the foreskin gradually each day to make the hole larger. i ve been doing that for the past few days.. just today i saw there is a minor joint between the foreskin and penis(inside).. is that normal? can i continue streching or should i go for circumcision? please give me some advice.
Asked On : Sun, 13 May 2012