Tight feeling in chest, hard to breath. Family history of heart problem. Suggestion?

Hi, I m 16 and I have a history of heart problems in my family. I ve been feeling my heart slow right down, almost to a complete stop, then it will beat really fast then it will go back to normal. I ve been having tight feelings in my chest and sometimes I find it hard to breath. I am booked in for an ECG next week and hve to wear a holter monitor some time after that but I thought maybe I could get some possible explanations as to why my heart does this. Thanks.
Asked On : Fri, 7 Dec 2012