Tight cough, sneezed. Deep and hoarse. Why does that happen?

My 20 month old daughter started getting a really bad barking tight cough yesterday. He sneeezed a few times, but has no other symptoms. He voice is cracking, but the cough scares me. Its a deep hoarse cough, and she is not feeling well. No fevers, and I have been doing a cool mist humidifier , and vicks . Is there anything I should do? We just moved and we dont have health insurance, so not sure if I should take her into an after hours clinic.
Asked On : Sun, 23 Sep 2012